• How do I find out about open positions with Freeport-McMoRan?
• What should I include in my candidate profile?
Make sure your contact information is complete and accurate. Student resumes should include anticipated graduation date. To enhance your opportunities for consideration, please complete all applicable information and keep your contact information and resume up to date.
• I saw a position posted that has the same title as the one to which I previously applied. Will I be considered for both?
No. You must apply to each position in which you are interested.
• Do you hire for both intern and new graduate positions?
Yes. We have great opportunities for you whether you’re still in school or just graduated.
• I wasn’t hired as an intern the last time I applied. Can I reapply?
Yes. Each position is handled separately. For example, if you applied for two positions and received one rejection email, you still may be in consideration for the second position.
• Should I apply to all open college and intern postings to increase my chance of getting hired?
Candidates are considered only for the positions to which they apply. Generally you will be considered a viable candidate if you meet the qualifications. We recommend you apply only to the positions in which you are interested and for which you feel you are qualified.
• How much does Grade Point Average play into the hiring decision?
The complete qualifications of the respective candidate are assessed, which could include GPA as well as prior experience, course study, projects and other factors.
• Are your intern positions paid?
Yes, we offer competitive wages.
• Do you offer relocation assistance?
We offer our interns reimbursement for mileage or round-trip airfare plus a one-time payment of a housing stipend, depending on your school location, distance from the job site location and the availability of company-provided housing.
• Do you hire first-year college students as interns?
First-year college students may be considered for a temporary internship. Internships may lead to full-time opportunities, should the intern meet all qualifications.
• Where can I find more details about your internship program?
Visit our Internships page for more information.
• Whom can I contact to help me with my login, profile or application?
Call our Human Resources Service Center at 1-888-855-HELP (4357) or email HRSC@fmi.com.